After getting things squared away with thinking we were on a different flight, we departed Fiji at 9AM on Sat morning. We arrived in Sydney 4.5 hours later and we breezed right through customs and immigration in record time. I knew we were off to a great start when the immigration officer asked what we were going to get into on our trip and I replied "lots of trouble!" and his response was "that's just what I wanted to hear!" You know you're in a laid back country when the immigration officer is encouraging trouble from 2 young American girls! =)
We checked into the hostel and had to resort back to elementary school and decide who was going to get the top of the bunk bed. (Which turns out to be the loudest, sqeakiest bed ever!) We are very much looking forward to finding a place of our own with big girl beds, dressers, closets, and bathrooms that aren't shared with an entire floor. But for two free nights, we can manage.
We then set off to tour the city for a few hours and get a bite to eat. We walked over to see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and were able to see people walking across the top of the bridge, which we hope to do soon. We met some people in Fiji who said it was definitely worth doing, so at some point in the next few weeks I'm sure you will be reading about it!
We were quite exhasuted after getting up so early and we are still dealing with time changes, so we climbed into our bunk beds before 8PM. What a wild Sat night in Sydney! We slept close to 11 hours which is so rare for both us of, yet much needed.
It's gorgeous outside so we can't wait to be in the warm sun and enjoy the day. It's great being back in civilization and feel human again. We didn't wear makeup or use hairdryers for 5 days and we certainly didn't see any highrise buildings!!
xoxo,
K&J
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY my Glam Rock Girls!
I am so glad you got to the other hemisphere safely! i will be sure to let the Hayworth Ladies know! I can't wait to continue to read your blog and check out all your pictures! What an amazing adventure!! So glad we could send you off right !!!!
XOOXOOX
H
I want to hear how you'll find a place to stay now!?? How is it going?
Post a Comment