Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Latest update

There hasn't been too much to update in the past week or so since there's been a lot of tanning on the beach (a free activity we've been enjoying), but the biggest news is that I got a 2 week temp job! I sat down on the Monday after New Years and was determined to send out lots of resumes and apply for jobs online. Within a few hours of sitting down, I got a call about the temp job that I started on Tuesday. I'm working for a magazine company that owns more than 80 titles and I'm helping with the membership program that convenience store owners can join to earn points for contests, the amount of magazines their stores sell, etc. So far it's been fun even though it's been challenging to wake up to an alarm for the first time in ages!


Jen insisted on taking a pic of me leaving for work as if it was the first day of elementary school and I was leaving for the bus...

Jen completed her website with a portfolio of her artistic graphic work and plans to start painting dogs from our neighborhood. She hopes to have them displayed in local galleries, so keep your fingers crossed for her!

We will have another house guest this weekend which we are looking forward to. Our friend Shannon from LA who was here a few weeks ago and has been in New Zealand since then is coming back for 2 nights and will be crashing with us. We are looking forward to hanging out w/ her again and hearing all about her adventures in NZ!

No comments: