Heidi and Heather arrived on Tuesday and we explored the city with the small amount of energy they had after the jet lag from their flight from NYC. Meredith, Hayley and Hayley's mom arrived on Wed after a 2-day stint in Fiji and once they arrived we checked out more of the city, laughed a lot, and took LOTS of photos. (I think that will be the theme of this trip.) On Thursday Jen and I took them to Bondi Beach (the crime scene for our tans) where we relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful, scenic views of the ocean.
Friday we took a tour of Hunter Valley, the wine region about 2 hours north of Sydney. It was a long day, but a fun one! This morning we hopped on a plane and flew to Cairns which today we explored and booked adventures for the rest of our stay here. Tomorrow we are going on a boat trip to the Great Barrier Reef where a few of us will go scuba diving and others will go snorkeling. On Monday Heather, Heidi, Meredith, Jen and me will go sky diving while Hayley and her mom will go white water rafting. (Such adventure junkies we are!) On Tuesday we booked a tour to see the rain forest as well as multiple waterfalls in the area. It should be a great time with lots of scenic views. (Pictures to follow, I promise!)
As far as the rest of the visit with the gals, we fly to Melbourne on Wednesday so we have the afternoon to tour the city, and on Thursday we have a day trip to see the Great Ocean Road. (That is the one thing I always regretted about not doing when I lived in Melbourne 6+ years ago so I'm very excited about being able to do it now.) We fly back to Sydney on Sat evening and Meredith, Hayley and her mom leave on Sunday around 11AM. We have Heidi and Heather for a few extra days since they don't leave until Wednesday so we will continue to show them around Sydney and let them know about everything the city has to offer. (Though Heidi has quite the memory of her time here 9 years ago.)
Once we return to Sydney, I'll be able to upload photos and post them for all of you to see. Don't worry- there won't be a lack of pictures with this crew!!! There are plenty of cameras and memory cards to fill up with photos, so stay tuned!
xoxo,
K&J
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
enjoy Great Ocean Road... it was one of my favorite places in Australia!
Post a Comment